Cambridge Delta Module 2 Online
The current worldwide situation prevents a lot of candidates from taking the Delta Module 2, and the online alternative has finally been approved by Cambridge. We have two course options for the Delta Module 2 online: the full 6-week course and a pre-M2 course designed to prepare students for the 6-week course.
The 6-week Module 2 course will run like our normal face to face course (and can be taken both online or face to face). For course content, please visit Delta Course Content.
The 10-week Pre-M2 course is aimed at:
- Those who were planning to take the course this year
- Those who are planning to take the course and want to maximize their chance of successfully passing the course by being ready
- Those who started preparing independently and would benefit from discussing their thoughts with peers and tutors
- Those who need a more structured approach to the preparation and reading
- Those who are not sure whether they are ready to attend the Delta Module 2 course
6-week Delta Module 2 Full Time Course
What it involves:
- 100% online course or 100% Face to Face course.
Assessment for Delta Module 2 takes place mainly through:
- Four observed and assessed Language Systems/Skills Assignments (LSAs)
- Three of these are internally assessed by course tutors.
- The fourth is externally assessed by a Cambridge Assessor.
Each LSA is focused on one of the language skills (Speaking, Listening, Writing, Reading) or systems (Grammar, Lexis, Phonology, Discourse) and consists of:
A background essay of 2,500 words on the focus of the lesson, which …
- … analyses it
- … considers learning problems associated with it
- … describes and evaluates teaching solutions for these
An assessed lesson of between 45 and 60 minutes, complete with an extended lesson plan which includes …
- … a rationale for the design of the lesson
- … analysis of the target area
- … information about the learners
A post-lesson evaluation which reflects on …
- … key strengths and areas to work on from the lesson
- … the effect of these on the learners/learning
- … ideas for further consolidation of lesson aims in future lessons
You also complete a Professional Development Assignment (PDA) in stages over the 8 weeks of the course. It consists of:
- Reflection and Action (R&A): This involves reflecting on your beliefs and practices as teachers and begins with a diagnostic observation by a tutor. This is unassessed but the feedback from it will start the process of reflection and action.
Experimental Practice (EP):
- In the EP, you try out a teaching approach you are not familiar with. You write a background essay on the underlying rationale of the approach, why you chose it, how you chose to implement it and how successful you feel the experiment was in retrospect. You submit this and your lesson outline for assessment, but the actual lesson is not observed by a tutor, only by one of your peers.
10-week Delta Pre-Module 2 Course
What it involves:
- 100% online course with the use of Zoom and Moodle
- Ten 90-minute sessions providing an overview of Delta Module 2 syllabus. All 7 key areas are covered, guidance and advice regarding core and specialised reading is included
- An opportunity to write up to 2 background assignments (this is a part of each lesson on Delta Module 2) and receive feedback on that
- An opportunity to design up to 2 lesson plans and receive feedback on that
- An opportunity to teach one observed lesson (in your own context) online /or recorded and receive feedback according to the Delta Module 2 assessment criteria
- Access to our dedicated Moodle site with additional guidance and forum facility monitored by tutors
- An opportunity to discuss things in more detail in individual tutorials (optional, and for an additional fee)
Why choose these courses:
- Unique product (Pre-M2 Course) – worldwide the success rate on Delta Module 2 courses is not always high. Short and intensive courses could be quite stressful and being better prepared might not only reduce the stress levels and workload, but it can also improve your chances to pass the course successfully and enjoy it more. We’ve been training teachers on the Delta for over 10 years and have long thought a pre-Delta Module 2 preparation course would be really helpful for trainees
- Experience – With over ten years of experience training teachers on the Delta, we know how to help our students pass with as high a grade as possible.
- Improved performance – in our experience, Delta Module 2 candidates often struggle with the amount of reading and their lack of familiarity with the course documents, especially the Background assignment, but also some sections of the Lesson Plan (e.g. the Commentary). Taking a pre-M2 course can help quite a lot in mitigating these issues.
- Interactivity – we believe in the importance of self-study and flexibility, but we also would like to cater to those who prefer discussing things with each other and the tutor. The forum facility also allows for further interaction and sharing
- Individual approach – we provide individual feedback on the submitted documents and the observed lessons. Part of the input is reactive, addressing the issues which are observed in the submitted work and lessons. We also provide an opportunity to discuss things in more detail in individual tutorials (optional, and for an additional fee)
Course Dates and Fees
6-week Delta Module 2 Course
- March 22 to May 7, 2021 (Online or in Bangkok)
- October 18 to November 26, 2021 (Online or in Chiang Mai)
10-week Pre-Module 2 Prep Course
- January 17 to March 21, 2021 (Online)
- August 15 to October 17, 2021 (Online)
More Delta information
Mod 1 Online
Mod 2 Online
Mod 3 Online