International House CELTA Training Centre in Phuket
Every now and then something special comes along in the world of TEFL CELTA training. We at International House believe our course in Phuket is just that. The best known of the beautiful tropical islands that lie just off the coast of southern Thailand, Phuket is also the biggest; offering the type of attractions that have made it a world famous destination, able to cater to just about anyone – from the travel connoisseur to the backpacker on a budget. Whether it’s golden beaches lined with palm trees bent backwards from the stiff sea breeze, or the rugged terrain of the mountains with ‘jungle’ interior that takes your fancy, we are sure Phuket has just what you are looking for.
All you need to know about the pearl of the south of Thailand can be found in the Phuket Guide.
A Beautiful School in Phuket
It’s not only Phuket that’s going to make up your mind for you when deciding where to train – it’s also the training centre. Our host centre for the course is one of the most prestigious International schools in the South East Asian region and your very first glimpse at the buildings and grounds will very quickly convince you that this is so. Strategically located in the centre of the island, the school provides easy access to all the main beaches and the airport, but with world-class recreational facilities available on campus, you might not want to leave! All training takes place in the main building with full use of the educational facilities and resources, including the school computer labs.
Just look at these pictures:
The Phuket Plus package
Once again, the IH Bangkok boffins are able to offer you the opportunity to take advantage of our course, food and accommodation package – something that takes the organizational hassle out of preparing for the course leaving you to focus on the CELTA as you are meant to.
Each trainee is housed in a private room within the onsite halls of residence, each with an en-suite bath / shower room. Trainees who live on-site will also have the exclusive use of a communal lounge with satellite TV for those lighter moments and keeping up to date with world news. For the slightly more active there is a pool table and table tennis table in the common room. For those of you who are really energetic, there is a whole host of facilities that include a fully-equipped sports hall, tennis courts, a playing field and two swimming pools, one of which is Olympic size.
For just US$2,745 you receive not only your training and accommodation, but you are also catered for on a full-board basis 5 days a week. Trainee teachers are able to enjoy the wide range of both Thai and international dishes. There is even an option to purchase food at weekends if you like it that much. There is also a school shop that will cater for all your necessities – and the not quite so necessary munchies required during intensive periods of study!
As with all our packages you may of course decide to stay off site whilst taking the course.
Phuket Plus Package (included)
- 27 nights accommodation from the Sunday before the course starts to check out the Saturday after the course ends. Nice private rooms with private bathrooms and air conditioning.
- Communal Lounge with Satellite TV, DVD player, pool table and table tennis table.
- Wireless internet in the Halls of Residence.
- 8 internet linked computers in the Halls of Residence for late night study.
- Desk in your room for when you want to study alone.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekdays at the school refectory.
- Tea and coffee at break times.
- Drinking water.
- Rooms serviced every day with regular changes of linen.
Phuket Plus Package (not included)
- Meals at weekends – you can order your favourite Thai and international meals at any time during your stay.
- Laundry – this can be provided by the school.
School facilities for CELTA trainees
- Free use of the computer lab with 24 internet linked computers and the resource room from 9-6 7 days a week for preparation of lessons.
- Wireless network throughout the school.
- On site school shop for snacks and stationery you may need.
- Fully equipped modern classrooms.
- 25 metre and 50 metre swimming pools.
- Huge school sports hall.
- Football pitches and tennis and basketball courts.
- Acres of lovely grounds to relax and stroll around in.
For answers to specific questions about the Phuket CELTA course and/or this quite unique package, the Phuket Plus, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to book early. That way, you can be sure of one of the places on what is certainly our most popular course of the year. Click on CELTA application to download the form.