Before You Pay
Before making any payment to IH Bangkok, we wish to advise you of several points:
- Payments for teacher training courses can be made in US dollars or Thai baht (please see below for details of prices for each currency). Please note that prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- No payment should be made by any applicant until a letter of acceptance has been issued by IH Bangkok confirming the applicant’s place on a course, at which time a deposit payment of $600 is payable.
- A place on a course cannot be confirmed until a deposit has been paid.
- Once paid, deposits are non-refundable.
- Once a deposit has been paid, the candidate’s place on the course is guaranteed up until the date at which the balance payment is due 1 month before the start date. Failure to make the balance payment into our account by this date may result in forfeiture of the place. Applicants applying less than 1 month before the start of the course will have to make the full payment upon receipt of the acceptance letter.
- Should a participant withdraw from a course less than 1 month before its commencement, the course fees will be forfeited along with the deposit.
- All deposits and fees will be refunded in the event of a course being cancelled and if subsequent courses are not suitable for the candidate.
- Candidates should understand that there is a risk of failing and that in such an event, no money can be returned.
Receipt of payments made will be confirmed electronically, or by phone, within 3 working days.
Prices are somewhat confusing in that we offer 2 options (course only / package) in two currencies (US dollars / Thai baht) for four different centres (Bangkok / Chiang Mai / Samui / Chengdu). Please do feel free to contact us at [email protected] should you have any doubts whatsoever- we’ll be more than happy to help.
Debit or Credit Card Payments
We also have an online payment option for debit/credit card payments. Once you have been accepted onto the course, our admin team will provide more details for this payment option.
Bank Transfers or deposits into our bank in Thailand
Payments can be made in Thai baht or US dollars only into our Thai bank via wire transfer or cash.
For those participants already in Thailand, a cash payment in US dollars or Thai baht is possible.
If paying in USD, prices are as follows :
|Package Type||Deposit||Final Balance||Total Price|
|CELTA Course Online||600 USD||1,050 USD||1,650 USD|
|CELTA Course only Bangkok||600 USD||1,150 USD||1,750 USD|
|CELTA Course only Chiang Mai||600 USD||1,150 USD||1,750 USD|
|CELTA Course only Samui||600 USD||1,350 USD||1,950 USD|
|CELTA Course only Cheng Du||600 USD||1,350 USD||1,950 USD|
|Bangkok & Board||600 USD||1,650 USD||2,250 USD|
|Chiang Mai Extra||600 USD||2,145 USD||2,745 USD|
|Koh Samui Special||600 USD||2,550 USD||3,150 USD|
- If paying in Thai baht, regardless of if you chose a package or course only, there will be a 20,000 baht deposit.
Please send us an email to inquire about the final balance as this can change subject to the USD-Baht exchange rate.
*Due to the volatility of the global economic market we can only quote a Thai Baht on the day you elect this currency . Please contact us at [email protected] to find out the cost of the course in sterling or Thai baht.
Please let us know how you intend to pay at the interview stage so that we may send you the correct bank account details in your acceptance letter.
To ensure that we are aware of your payment you must scan and email to [email protected], a copy of the SWIFT (Society World-wide Inter-bank Financial Telecommunications) message when you transfer your fees to us. Please mark the email for the attention of CELTA/Teacher Training. Make sure you retain a copy of the transfer details.
All prices that appear elsewhere on this website are written in dollars only for the sake of standardisation and comparison.
Again, if you have any questions regarding how to make a payment, please do contact us at [email protected], we’ll be happy to help.