The Official Cambridge CELTA Entry Requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have finished high school/secondary education and be able to start a degree level course.
- You must have an advanced level of English, equivalent to C1.
- You do not need a degree.
- You must have the potential and desire to develop the necessary skills to become an effective teacher and to successfully complete the written assignments and teaching practice.
*You must have an awareness of language and a competence in English, both written and spoken, that enables the course to be undertaken successfully. If you are non-native speaker of English, although no official test result such as the CAE or IELTS is required, your level of English will be determined during the application and interview stage.
- You really want to teach English.
- You have at least some understanding of the way English works or are a quick learner.
- You relate well to other people.
- You want a practical teaching qualification, not an academic one.
- You can evaluate your own strengths and weaknesses as well as others.
- You can explain succinctly, instruct clearly, and assist sympathetically.
- You are prepared for four weeks of hard work, but will cope.