Language for Teaching
Give your teachers the English language skills they need to teach English with confidence.
Improve the classroom and professional English of your teachers with Language for Teaching. The three courses are designed to improve teachers’ level of English, from Basic to Independent user (CEFR Levels A1 to B2).
The courses are for teachers who speak English as a second language. There are two versions of each course, for teachers working in primary or secondary schools.
After each Language for Teaching course, teachers can prepare for and take a Cambridge English language exam such as Cambridge English: Key, Cambridge English: Preliminary and Cambridge English: First.
The Language for Teaching courses help your teachers to:
- Improve their general English.
- Learn the professional language they need to communicate effectively in English, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Each Language for Teaching course provides 120 hours of online learning.
There are 40 hours of optional additional material for teachers to extend and practise what they have learned during the online course. This material can be delivered face-to-face in the classroom, online in a virtual classroom, or as a combination of the two.
Language for Teaching Courses and Modules
There are three Language for Teaching courses:
- Language for Teaching A2
- Language for Teaching B1
- Language for Teaching B2.
Each course has three modules:
- Language for the classroom.
- Language for teacher-learner communication.
- Language for the professional.
Each module has two components:
- General English (up to 100 hours, plus in-course assessment): teachers study the language they need in different contexts and learn to use English with greater fluency and confidence
- English for the Teacher (15 hours, plus in-course assessment): teachers study the language they need to manage learning and communicate effectively with other English language teachers in professional contexts.