Asia’s Biggest Cambridge CELTA Training School
When the Director of Studies at your first teaching interview asks, “Have you got a TEFL qualification?” A great answer would be, “Yes, I have the Cambridge CELTA from International House Bangkok”.
And why are International House and the Cambridge CELTA held in such high regard?
- Every CELTA trainer is an experienced teacher, fully qualified and accredited with Cambridge ESOL
- Every course is externally assessed by a University of Cambridge ESOL moderator
- The course is highly practical to equip you with the skills required to teach English to adults in a variety of contexts.
- International House schools are renowned in the TEFL world for the quality of their teacher training.
- It was a pioneer in the field of teacher training, developing the original CELTA, also the DELTA and is the organisation that wrote and runs the distance DELTA.
- It has the highest number of teachers and trainers who wrote the course books we use in the TEFL industry.
The 4 week course includes the observation of experienced teachers, actual teaching practice, participation in the trainer input sessions and the completion of a range of practically focused written assignments. There is no end-of-course exam but you are expected to have successfully:
- Attended and participated in the course
- Completed 6 hours of teaching practice
- Observed 6 hours of lessons taught by experienced teachers
- Submitted 4 written assignments
- Maintained and submitted a portfolio of coursework, including lesson plans and self-evaluations.
Those trainees who have successfully completed the course will be awarded either a pass, pass B or pass A, according to the continuous assessment by our trainers.
View our amazing CELTA and board accommodation packages: Bangkok accommodation, Chiang Mai accommodation, Phuket accommodation.
If you’ve already decided to take the course with us, apply now
Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.