Study English Abroad in Thailand
We offer a range of part-time and full-time courses covering a wide variety of English language topics: from General English to Business English, as well as IELTS, TOEIC, and TOEFL Exam Preparation. You can study English abroad while enjoying all that Thailand has to offer.
IH Bangkok and IH Chiang Mai have group courses, private courses (1:1), small groups (1:2, 1:3, 1:4), mixed or closed group courses. The choice is yours! Please read below for more information, or download our brochure here.
You can join our group intensive courses (15 or 25 hours per week) on any Monday throughout the year (except public holidays).
Part-time Course: 15 hours per week
Monday – Friday: 9:00 am to 12:15 pm
- General English 15: GE15 is a superb opportunity for you to practise your English ability, as it focuses on all four skill areas of the language: listening, reading, writing and speaking. Vocabulary and grammar are also covered, giving you the chance to polish up on prior knowledge or be introduced to new concepts in an engaging and supportive environment. Classes consist of no more than 12 students, with an average of 6-8; guaranteeing that each learner is provided with personalised feedback.
The course attracts students from a wide variety of countries, particularly European and East Asian, meaning learners are exposed to a wide range of accents and cultural backgrounds which creates diverse and interesting classrooms. There are four available levels of GE15: Elementary, Pre-intermediate, Intermediate, and Upper Intermediate, with advanced running subject to demand from June to August. General English 15 is run every morning, Monday to Friday, with lessons from 9:00 to 11:00 and 11:15 to 12:15. You can join this course every Monday and can study for as many weeks as you wish.
Full-time Courses: 25 hours per week
Monday – Friday: 9:00 am to 12:15 pm and 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Our full time courses can focus on:
- General English 25: General English 25 is for learners who are dedicated to improving as much as possible or who simply want to make the most of the opportunity a Study Holiday in Thailand provides. With a ten hour extension of the normal GE15, General English 25 provides further classes from 13.00-15.00, Monday to Friday. These classes will cover a variety of topics that give students even more practice with a range of grammar and vocabulary.
For learners who want to continue their learning and build on their morning classes, GE25 offers a perfect way of doing so. Like GE15, GE25 afternoon classes are a maximum of 12 students, and usually run with one or two fewer students than the morning classes, allowing even more personalised feedback in lessons.
- Business English 25: As an extension of the GE15 course, Business English 25 allows students to take part in general English classes in the morning, catering to all their day-to-day and grammatical needs, before studying a further 2 hours from 13.00-15.00 in a classroom where the context is entirely business. BE25 students will spend their afternoons learning how English is used to negotiate, give presentations, respond appropriately to telephone calls, write formal emails and much more.
Due to the language of business, this course is only available to learners who are pre-intermediate level or above. As with all our courses, learners will get a balanced practice of all four skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing, all within the context of work and business.
- IELTS 25: If you are planning to take the IELTS test and need to prepare, whilst also working on your general, overall English ability, IELTS 25 provides the perfect solution for you. IELTS 25 students will join GE15 classes in the morning to raise their overall level and to practice the various skills in classes with students of a range of nationalities. In the afternoon, students will spend two hours from 13.00-15.00 focusing on different aspects of the IELTS exam. This includes reading, listening, speaking and writing for the Academic IELTS test. This course is run subject to demand and requires a minimum number of students to take place.
- Mix 25: If you have something specific you would like to focus on, such as academic writing, TOEFL, TOEIC, SAT, GED, FCE, IGCSE, presentations, or something different, you can combine the morning GE15 class with a further 10 hours of private 1:1 in the afternoon focusing on the topic of your choosing.
Study Holiday (Study Abroad) Course Details
- Maximum number of students per class: 12
- Levels: Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper Immediate and Advanced (on demand).
- Placement test: Oral and written placement test on arrival or you can also take our online placement test here.
- Starting dates: Our courses start every Monday. All courses are run subject to demand and availability.
- Age: From 16 years+
- Course duration: Students can enrol for any number of weeks.
At the end of your course, you will receive a written report and an International House Bangkok / Chiang Mai certificate. You will also be asked to complete a feedback form.
Ready to Apply? Book Now!