Pass the English Language Exam for Your British Visa
The UK Visas and Immigration has recently stated that the KET test, as of April 6th 2015, will no longer be accepted as proof of A1 proficiency. A KET test taken before April 6th 2015 will be valid for a spousal visa application made before November 5th 2015. The new exam is called the IELTS life skills test. Please read below for more information.
For people wishing to settle in the UK, a certificate of competence in the English language is required as part of the visa application process. The UK Visas and Immigration has stated that this requirement now covers “anyone applying as the husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner, same-sex partner, fiance(e) or prospective civil partner of a UK citizen”. This means that every Thai wishing to settle in the UK has to pass an English language test before applying for a visa (Spousal visa) from the British embassy in Thailand (KET or PET).
The test requirement has been graded as A1 under the Common European Framework of Reference, meaning that the applicant should be able to:
- Understand basic words and phrases when spoken slowly and clearly.
- Ask and answer simple questions on familiar topics.
- Use simple phrases and sentences to describe yourself and your life.
Even-though the requirements are at a low level, we understand that for many adults, taking a test can be a daunting prospect. That is why our short pre-test course is designed around the actual test and so focuses solely on the language needed in order for you to answer all questions clearly and confidently. Although we cannot guarantee the outcome, we can say that every applicant entering the exam room will do so with the best possible chance of success.
Recently the UK Government completely changed the exam required for the spousal visa. The information below is about the new test.
The test will be 16-18 minutes long and will consist of only speaking and listening.
The focus of the exam will be:
- listen and respond to spoken language, including simple narratives, statements, questions and single-step instructions
- communicate basic information, feelings and opinions on familiar topics
- talk with another person in a familiar situation about familiar topics
Test Dates at IDP Bangkok for the second half of 2016
IH Bangkok IELTS Life Skills Preparation Course Dates
International House Bangkok will run a 5 day preparation course before the exams, for 4,500 baht.
The dates of our upcoming preparation courses are as follows:
|September||3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th|
1st, 2nd, and 3rd
Why Choose International House Bangkok
At IH Bangkok we have many years experience in teaching students to pass tests such as this, whether it is for entering Britain to study at school or university, or to work. We are now pleased to extend this to those wishing to settle in the UK with their partners with the KET and PET exams.
With IH Bangkok as your school, you can be sure that your teachers:
- Are all native English speakers.
- Are all Cambridge CELTA qualified.
- All have a bachelor degree from a good university in an English speaking country.
- Are all dedicated to teaching you what you need to pass the test in a fun, relaxed and informative way.
For more information, contact Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +662 632 6790.