Pass the English Language Exam for Your British Visa
For people wishing to settle in the UK, a certificate of competence in the English language is required as part of the visa application process. The UK Visas and Immigration has stated that this requirement now covers “anyone applying as the husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner, same-sex partner, fiance(e) or prospective civil partner of a UK citizen”. This means that every Thai wishing to settle in the UK has to pass an English language test before applying for a visa (Spousal visa) from the British embassy in Thailand.
The test requirement has been graded as A1 under the CEFR – You should be able to:
- Understand basic words and phrases when spoken slowly and clearly.
- Ask and answer simple questions on familiar topics.
- Use simple phrases and sentences to describe yourself and your life.
Even though the requirements are at a low level, we understand that for many adults, taking a test can be a scary. That is why our short pretest course is designed around the actual test and focuses solely on the language needed in order for you to answer all questions clearly and confidently. Although we cannot guarantee the outcome, we can say that every applicant entering the exam room will do so with the best possible chance of success. We have had many years of experience and the majority of our clients pass the exam.
Recently the UK Government completely changed the exam required for the spousal visa to the IELTS Life Skills.
The focus of the exam will be:
- 16-18 minutes long and will consist of only speaking and listening.
- Listening and responding to spoken language, including simple narratives, statements, questions and single-step instructions
- Communicating basic information, feelings and opinions on familiar topics
- Talking with another person in a familiar situation about familiar topics