Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC)
What kind of exam is it?
- Test of English for International Communication.
What level do I need to be?
- The score you need and the level of English that you are currently at will determine how many hours of classes are necessary.
What does the exam consist of?
- TOEIC test questions are based on real-life work settings in an international environment (meetings, travel, telephone conversations, etc). The TOEIC test is a two-hour multiple-choice test that consists of 200 questions divided into 100 questions each in listening comprehension and reading comprehension. Each candidate receives independent marks for written and oral comprehension on a scale from 5 to 495 points. The total score adds up to a scale from 10 to 990 points.
How will it help me?
- The test is used by organisations to determine whether an employee is suitable for a particular task. If you work or want to work for a large organisation, particularly in Asia, then the TOEIC test will be useful to you.
How can I prepare for this exam?
- Students can practise TOEIC tests and attend TOEIC preparation classes at our IH Bangkok centre.